Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Month and New Eating habits.

It's November!!! My third favorite month of the year. April and January being the first and second favorites, because of some important birthdays. (You know who you are out there <3) November is filled with yummy food, tons of family time, and the weather starts to change here in Florida....all good things. Anyway this is kinda my confession post! I haven't been doing too well with my weight loss. I lost a pound and a half but I've been stuck there for the past two weeks. Which is kinda upsetting. But I'm going to be honest with you all, I haven't been sticking to my plans as well as I should be.
So to get re-motivated and gain a little bit of advice, I talked to my sister Ashley about it. You can check out her blog here...she is my weight loss hero, since she lost over 95 pounds just through diet and exercise. While I was talking to her, she told me that I should be eating a light meal every 3 hours. Ahh! Every 3 hours seems like a ton of food to me. Ashley reassured me that eating this way will kick start my metabolism and make it easier for me too lose weight. She also suggested that I stop eating carbs around bedtime. The reason for this is based off the fact that carbs are used as energy for your body. And if I'm about to go to sleep then the carbs will not be used for energy, instead it will be stored as fat. Yikes! I don't want that.
So I just applied these changes to my diet yesterday, and I hope it helps. I will post about my weight loss progress next week, and we will see if these new eating habits make a difference.

To Health, Love, and Happiness,

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I love you!! Also love November cause I get to see my sis and little munchkin at the end of the month :D
    I'm so proud of my big sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!
    I know it's hard to keep up the motivation for exercise and healthy eating but once you've started to feel better about yourslef it will get much easier! :)

    Jessica
    www.jessicakutok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers