Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Bear & Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Cookies!!!

Happy Halloween everyone! Today is my daughter Alana's first ever Halloween. YAY! So instead of just sitting at home all day, I decided to get her dressed up in a bear outfit that I had saved just for this occasion. We went to our local Publix Super Market because they were hosting a SAFE Halloween event for children. I absolutely love this idea because even through trick or treating is fun...us mother's must always keep our children's safety as our first and foremost priority.

My little bear had so much fun! Seeing other people and looking around at her surroundings is her favorite thing to do. Here are some shots I took of her before we went out to Publix.

Alana as a Bear



 And since I was already at the grocery store, I thought I'd pick up a few ingredients that I was missing to make these Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Cookies. But Chelley, I thought the purpose of this blog was to lose weight...not eat cookies??? No need to fret, I am making them for my neighbor Julissa and her daughter. At the time that I moved into my new place with my boyfriend Travis, I was 9 months pregnant.Yikes, moving around while 9 months pregnant, I do not suggest it. Anyway, Julissa and I meet for a brief minute then, but I haven't seen her much since. Well a few weeks ago Julissa and her mother gave me the most gracious gift for my daughter. A huge bag of diapers (who would ever say no to free diapers when you have a new baby), baby wipes, crib sheets, and a keepsake frame. I thought it was so sweet and very small town neighbor of them. So now it is time to return the favor. And what better way to say Thank You than with a fresh batch of cookies.
 
I got the recipe off of the Martha Stewart website. And it was super simple to make. The recipe yielded 3 1/2 dozen, so I halved all of the quantities in order to make a smaller batch.

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

To Health, Love, and Happiness,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers